Happy ‘Merica Day to all the Garage Fam as we look to celebrate this July 4th with some NASCAR DFS and Betting Bags with the Jockey Made in America 250 at Road America. These race names have been wild all year. Is it possible to lose on July 4th? Even if the bets or DFS goes south, just drink, eat, etc more and everything will be grand. The same-day qualifying is not doing us, content providers, any favors, but you know the drill by now from prior races that getting it done in the tight window is better than a piece without starting order.
I rank every driver and tier them based on price. There is no sense to compare Chase Elliot to Quin Houff, but comparing Chase Elliot to Kevin Harvick, for example, tends to make sense. The rankings will be posted first and represent the “initial pass” on my approach to the slate.
The notes represent my “second pass” and will provide more insight into how I am building lineups, what I have learned from looking around the industry, and mention any situations where I’m “hotter” or “colder” on anyone than when I set the rankings. For example, I may mention that there is a large gap in my interest level after the top three ranked drivers in a given tier. Another example would be to point out that drivers ranked 1-3 are interchangeable in terms of my interest. My suggestion is to enter multiple lineups and use the rankings and notes as a guide as you build lineups.
If you are a more serious player building 40+ lineups, I do suggest purchasing a lineup optimizer tool. These are affordable for our more advanced players and you can get them relatively cheap – especially if you are purchasing for NASCAR only. We will definitely look to partner with a third party or build one in-house for next season. If you need help selecting one, I’m here to help explain and recommend what you need. To reiterate – this is only for advanced players and you do not need this unless you have full command of the tool. In fact, it can do more harm than good if you do not know what you are doing.
NASCAR DFS Tiered Rankings – Jockey Made in America 250
- Tier notes will return when we don’t have same day qualifying
- We have a crazy field because of qualifying. With so much chalk it becomes, pick between the chalk.
- My strategy at a high level is to completely fade tier 3 outside of Bell, Mac, Bowman (small exposure).
- Tier 4 is strong which is why I’m low on tier 3 and even a couple of tier 2 drivers
- I’m hoping Joey is the sneakiest tier 1 play. I think he will come in about 15% owneed
- If I had to pick a cash core – it would be chalky. KFB, Elliot, Brisco, Ty.
- Allmendinger and Cindric would be GPP pivots because they are high risk starting so far forward and ahead of so many cars that technically can pass them and finish better. Risky but good for multi-entry
- Tier 4 is pretty loaded with options. !-7th firmly in play and 8th-10 in play for entering 20 or more lineups.